Hearthstone 19.4 Patch Notes: New Expansion, Battlegrounds & Duels Changes
The 19.4 patch, releasing on January 21, includes the new Darkmoon Races Mini-Set, new Heroes and Minions for Battlegrounds, a Mid-Season Update for Duels, an Arena rotation, bug fixes, and more!
NEW BATTLEGROUNDS HEROES
- Prize Wall [Passive]
- Every 4 turns, Discover a Darkmoon Prize.
- Sprout It Out! [Passive]
- Give +1/+2 and Taunt to minions you summon during combat.
Players with Battlegrounds Perks will have early access to these new Heroes before they’re formally released on February 4.
NEW BATTLEGROUNDS MINIONS
- [Tier 3, Demon] 3 Attack, 3 Health
- Battlecry: Choose a friendly Demon. Remove it to gain its stats and 3 Gold.
- [Tier 4, Demon] 6 Attack, 4 Health
- Taunt. Deathrattle: Summon two 3/2 Imps.
MINION POOL UPDATE
- Floating Watcher has been removed from the Battlegrounds Minion pool.
The Darkmoon Races Mini-Set
Hearthstone’s first ever Mini-Set, The Darkmoon Races, features 35 unique cards—4 Legendary, 1 Epic (x2), 14 Rare (x2), and 16 Common (x2) for a total of 66 new cards that draw on familiar card mechanics from throughout the Year of the Phoenix! Collectible Darkmoon Races Mini-Set cards can be found in Madness at the Darkmoon Faire card packs, and the entire set is available for purchase from the in-game or web shop for $14.99 or 2000 Gold.
The Duels Mid-Season Update will add 10 new Hero Powers, 25 new Signature Treasures (5 of which are Dual-Class), 4 new Passive Treasures, and 2 new Active Treasures on January 21! Heroic and Casual ratings will reset with the 19.4 patch, and new Achievements will become available for you to complete
Each class will now have access to 3 Hero Powers and 6 Signature Treasures in total! These new Hero Powers and Treasures can be unlocked by meeting the below criteria associated with your Collection.
- Hero Power #3 (Each Class) – Collect 1 Scholomance Academy Legendary Class card from that class.
- Signature Treasure #4 (All Classes) – Collect 125 Unique Madness at the Darkmoon Faire cards.
- Signature Treasure #5 (All Classes) – Collect 12 Madness at the Darkmoon Faire Legendary cards.
- Dual-Class Signature Treasure (All Classes) – Collect 150 unique Madness at the Darkmoon Faire cards.
Card sets eligible for Duels starting January 21:
- (NEW) The Darkmoon Races Mini-Set
- Madness at the Darkmoon Faire
- Scholomance Academy
- One Night in Kharazan
- Whispers of the Old Gods
- Curse of Naxxramas
New Active Treasures
New Passive Treasures
New Dual-Class Signature Treasures
New Demon Hunter Hero Power & Signature Treasures
New Druid Hero Power & Signature Treasures
New Hunter Hero Power & Signature Treasures
New Mage Hero Power & Signature Treasures
New Paladin Hero Power & Signature Treasures
New Priest Hero Power & Signature Treasures
New Rogue Hero Power & Signature Treasures
New Shaman Hero Power & Signature Treasures
New Warlock Hero Power & Signature Treasures
New Warrior Hero Power & Signature Treasures
Bug Fixes & Game Improvements
- Fixed a Battlegrounds bug where Argent Braggart would not retain stat buffs when tripled.
- Fixed a bug where Malevolent Strike would not discount itself when created by Deck of Lunacy.
- Fixed a bug where losing control of a minion immediately when it comes into play (such as playing Silas Darkmoon on an empty board) would not correctly Corrupt cards in hand.
- Fixed a bug where the ‘created by’ tag on generated cards was showing up as ‘UNKNOWN ENTITY’ when played.
- Fixed a bug where Glinda Crowskin would not grant Echo to cards modified by Deck of Chaos.
- Fixed a visual bug where transforming a Dormant minion could make it appear to retain buffs while Dormant.
- Fixed a visual bug where Corrupted minions appeared to respawn on the board after being destroyed.
- Fixed a visual bug where viewing progress for quests such as Open the Waygate would no longer highlight cards in hand that did not start in your deck.
- Fixed a visual bug where Zombeasts in play only displayed card text for the first beast selection when using the Build-A-Beast Hero Power.
- Passive Treasures offered between matches in Duels should now present more options that are better suited for the class you’re playing.
Coming February 2 - Book of Heroes Anduin
Raised with the expectation he would follow in his father’s footsteps, Prince Anduin has instead forged his own way through the grace of the Light. He learned to wield holy magic as well as a sword, making him a unique figure among the royalty of Azeroth. Thus armed, Anduin has embarked on numerous adventures as far away as the storied realm of Pandaria and as close as the decaying ruins of Lordaeron.
Follow Anduin’s journey in the next installment of Hearthstone Book of Heroes, releasing on February 2! Defeating all 8 bosses in this linear adventure will reward 1 Priest Pack, containing only Priest cards from Standard!