Legends of Runeterra – Open Beta launches January 24th!
What is Legend of Runeterra?
Set in the world of League of Legends, Legends of Runeterra is the strategy card game where skill, creativity, and cleverness determine your success.
In LoR, you can:
- Build decks with your favorite League champions (and new characters) from the regions of Runeterra, each with their own style and strategic advantage.
- Face off in dynamic, alternating combat full of opportunities for outplay.
- Earn cards for free as you play or buy exactly what you want in the store—you’re i
Open Beta launching January 24th
Tons of Players pre-registered, way more than they could give access to all at once. A lot are waiting for their chance to get in the game.
The original plan was to continue rolling out invites for Closed Beta as they got key features ready for prime time, the best thing they could do tho “was just realease the game to everyone”
What to expect & Features of the Game
- Ranked will be live in the Beta
- You’ll see some similarities to League of Legend, like earning LP to advance through divisions and climbing from Iron all the way to Master
- When you reach a Rank in Legend of Runterra, you’ll hold that rank for the rest of the season.
- You can expect seasons and balance updates that reduce the grind while making the competive meta more dynamic
- Friend Challange feature
- As part of Legends of Runerra’s new social panel, you’ll be able to directly challenge anyone on your list to a game. All friends from League will be there.
- You can except more features to support the social side
- Comsetic items will be featured in the game
- Over the next 12 months, they’ll release multiple sets that each add a new region to the game
- Every set will add new champions to all the other regions. Those are designed to connect the new region with the previous ones.